Music Together Mixed Age
We will sing, dance, move, play instruments and enjoy the wonder of music. (Ages birth-5)
Rhythm Kids is an exciting music, movement and drumming class that follows through on Music Together’s vision to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development from birth to age 8. Rhythm Kids is segmented into two developmentally appropriate program, Rhythm Kids Level 1 for children ages 4-5 and Rhythm Kids Level 2 for children in Kindergarten, first and second grades.
Music Together Mixed Age Features
- Nine weekly 45-minute classes teaching from one of Music Together's 9 song collections
- On-line access to the “Music Zone” Music Together site with music, games, and song background info
- A professional recording with songs, rhythm chants, “play-alongs” for instrument jam sessions, and tonal and rhythm patterns. A CD plus code to download songs to your devices
- Beautifully illustrated songbook with family activities to enjoy at home
- A chance for siblings to participate in a class together with a parent or other special adult
- Parent education to help adults understand and enhance their child’s musical development
- Movement and dance incorporated into class in a playful and developmentally appropriate way
Rhythm Kids Level 1
Rhythm Kids Level 1 is the next musical step for your preschool child (ages 4–5) with a parent or caregiver. Each week we drum, sing, dance, play rhythm instruments, and begin to play music-based games. Rhythm Kids Level 1 guides children toward developmentally appropriate music and movement activities, where they can begin to take charge, lead others, and be musically creative, as they:
- make up their own drumming patterns
- invent new ways to play rhythm instruments (shakers, sticks, etc.)
- create movement ideas for songs
- take a drum solo! Rhythm Kids Level 1 follows through on the Music Together® vision to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development from birth through age eight.
Classes are for preschoolers ages 4–5 and include:
- 9 weekly, 45-minute classes
- Animal Collection Songbook and 2 CDs each semester
- Access to online drum-play videos and other material
- Explore the world of rhythm through movement, instrument play, and song
- Develop basic rhythm skills, like keeping beat, improvising, ensemble play, and soloing
- Learn to create, cooperate, and express themselves musically. Drums will be provided for the class each week, but if you’d like your child to have a drum to play with at home (and then continue to use in Level 2 classes!), please ask your teacher about the special discounts on djembe drums that are available to Music Together families.
Rhythm Kids Level 2
Rhythm Kids Level 2 is an exciting music, movement, and drumming class for children in Kindergarten through third grade (ages 5 through 8). Parents are invited (though not required) to stay and participate during class. Children integrate and assimilate rhythm into their lives, as they:
- learn multicultural drumming patterns;
- develop new repertoire on various percussion instruments;
- explore movement and dance while singing songs;
- play games based on music and drumming;
- have fun with a host of rhythm activities. Rhythm Kids follows through on the Music Together® vision to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development from birth through age 8. As part of the Rhythm Kids experience, children and their grownups can enjoy drumming play and practice sessions at home with the help of online play-along videos featuring Rhythm Kids creator Tom Foote. Classes are for children K–3 (ages 5 through 8) and include:
- 9 weekly, 45-minute classes
- Animal Collection Songbook and CDs (2 copies) each semester
- Access to online video tutorials and play-alongs
- Learn, create, discover and explore music, movement and drumming
- Enjoy age-appropriate ways to play rhythm instruments (shakers, tambourines, etc.)
- Explore traditional drumming patterns through animal names and movements
- Experience drumming, song, and dance from around the world (Mali, Puerto Rico, Turkey, etc.)
- Find new ways to connect mind, body, and voice through rhythm
- Develop skill in improvising, soloing, conducting, composition, and improvisation
- Participate in active musical games that are both enriching and totally fun! This is an instrument-learning class, so your child will need a drum. Please ask your teacher about the special discounts on djembe drums that are available to Music Together families.
NEW CLASS - Canta y Baila Conmigo®
Take a journey into Spanish language and its cultures through the magical world of music. Learn more about Canta y Baila Conmigo.
Canta y Baila Conmigo classes are also offered in Eagan, South Minneapolis, and Roseville. See this link for more info.
Busca aqui para información de clases in varios locales de las ciudades gemelas.
- A curriculum with dual, complementary goals of music and language immersion
- Informal instruction in a supportive, joyful setting
- Beautiful, professionally recorded music collections carefully selected to represent the wide variety of Hispanic musical traditions and genres
- An illustrated Spanish-language family songbook including music notation, lyrics and information about the origins of the songs
- English Language Supplement with song translations, vocabulary and grammar points for families learning Spanish
New for Spring 2020
Sign up for a class with us -
We can't wait to sing, drum and move with you and your family!
See our facebook page